Publication Policy & Ethical Principles
No fees charged for the submitted manuscripts during the whole publication procedure.
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research free available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Manuscripts submitted for consideration in the journal should explore and discuss developments and problems in the above disciplines within the scope of the journal, should objectively present scientific literature, should develop analytical and applicable suggestions for developments and problems based on scientific methods, and should have a direct and original contribution to their respective fields. Authors of manuscripts submitted to the journal must have an academic title, or must be a PhD/ MA student. Articles which are outside of the aims and scope of the journal will not be published.
All of the manuscripts submitted to the Journal of Modernism and Postmodernism Studies are evaluated by a double blind review process, during which the identity of writers and reviewers are not revealed.
The manuscripts submitted to the Journal of Modernism and Postmodernism Studies are initially evaluated by the Editor and the Advisory Board. Manuscripts that do not comply with the aims and scope of the journal, that are not written in accordance with the Turkish and English grammatical structures, that are not original, or that are outside of the publishing policies are declined. In the case of a declined manuscript during the pre-evaluation process, the author is informed by the Editor within a fortnight at the latest following the submission date. For the manuscripts that are found acceptable the review process begins.
The reviewers are given 21 days to send their reports. Authors must respond to the reviewer’s suggestions and revise their works within 10 days at the latest. Reviewers may suggest not more than two rounds of revision for the same manuscript. Reviewers are required to evaluate the revised work (submitted after at most two rounds of revision) and arrive at a decision on the manuscript (i.e. accept or reject). The reviewer reports are evaluated by the member of the Editorial Board in charge within a fortnight at the latest. Based on the reviewers’ reports, the member of the Editorial Board forwards the decision on the manuscript to the Editor. In the event of a manuscript being accepted for publication by the reviewers and the Editorial Board, the Editor makes the final decision on the manuscript
In accordance with the publishing policies of the Journal of Modernism and Postmodernism Studies, authors who would like to withdraw their submission during the process of evaluation need to inform the Editor of their withdrawal request by email. The Editor will examine the withdrawal request, and reply to the author within a week at the latest following the receipt of the request. Authors transfer the copyright of their works to the Journal of Modernism and Postmodernism Studies during the submission process, therefore authors are not permitted to send their works elsewhere for a possible publication before their withdrawal request is accepted.
The Copyright Notice
Articles submitted to the Journal of Modernism and Postmodernism Studies (JOMOPS) to be evaluated for publication should not be previously published in any publication. In case the articles are accepted for publication, all publication rights belong to the Journal of Modernism and Postmodernism Studies (JOMOPS). Author (s) must send the Copyright Transfer Form if their manuscript is accepted for publication in the Journal of Modernism and Postmodernism Studies. The author (s) should sign this form with a wet signature and upload it in the file upload section.
Although the Journal of Modernism and Postmodernism Studies (JOMOPS) takes the transfer of the publishing rights from the authors, it reserves the following rights:
- Patent rights.
- All unregistered rights other than copyright
The right to reproduce the work for their own purposes, provided that they do not sell. The right of the author to use all or part of the work in her/his own book and other academic works, provided that the source is indicated.
Download Copyright Transfer Form
- An ethics committee approval must be obtained for research conducted in all disciplines including social sciences and for clinical and experimental studies on humans and animals, requiring ethical committee decision, and this approval should be stated and documented in the article.
- It should be indicated in the journal and/or web page under a separate heading referring to national and international standards.
- Information on the ethical rules under separate headings should be provided under this heading, for the peer-reviewers, authors and editors.
- It should be stated that the articles comply with Research and Publication Ethics.
- Reference to international standards and institutions should be made. For example, scientific articles sent to journals should take into account the recommendations of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) and the International Standards for Editors and Authors of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics).
- In studies requiring ethical committee permission, information about the permission (board name, date and issue number) should be included in the method section and on the first/last page of the article.
- For the scales used in data collection, the permission of the scale owner should be obtained and declared in the article.
- Copyright regulations must be observed for the ideas and works of art used.